Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fieldtrip to Urgent Care

We ended up taking a surprise visit to urgent care this morning, once Mommy noticed Nicholas' ankle was all red and swollen. Thinking he had really hurt himself during a big boy tantrum, it turned out to be...

a bug bite!

Nicholas was thrilled getting to go to "the big doctor's office." We were placed in the injury triage room, so he was in his glory checking out the x-ray lightbox, all the bandages and splints, the IV pole and other paraphernalia. He loved the fact he had his own bed there and a pillow! When I went to take the first picture, he told me, "wait, I'm going to lay down on my bed and put my head on the pillow and say cheese." After his thorough exam, Nicholas shouted, "okay, now lets go find the elevators and the waterfalls here!"
Thanks to everyone who made Project: Urgent Care happen for us - Brandi & Olivia, Daddy and Grammy. What an ordeal for a bug bite!
JUST FOR THE RECORD: Both Brandi and Grammy agreed he should have gone - Mommy wasn't the only one fooled! Next time, we're staying home, unless the boy can't walk!

3 comments:

Amy said...

OH NO! Now you know.

Sarah Randall said...

I dont blame you!! I would have done the same thing!!

Marian said...

I wonder if it was a deer fly/sweat fly that bit him-because I do that same thing-swell up! I got bit on my ankle not long ago and it hurt so bad!! I'm glad that's all it ended up being!!