Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Sister for A Day

Today Baby Alexa came over! When I got Nicholas up in the morning, I told him she was here and he had absolutely no interest. The only thing on his mind was getting his milk and watching George. Eventually, he came down and inspected all her "equipment." Of course, the swing got his utmost attention. By 10'ish, he was helping me by telling me whether her eyes were opened or closed.


He came up with the idea to "dance for baby Erica" (yes, everyone is baby Erica to him - that should be interesting when he calls his brother that!)



He sure got some nice smiles out of Miss Alexa!



Nicholas would basically do anything to get close to the swing controls (you know him and buttons). He'd go over to her to "check her eyes" and end up standing so close the swing would hit him and wake her no matter what she was previously doing!


(notice the different food he's snacking on now - yeah, he basically ate all day long - just one of the ways he took advantage of Mommy's split attention!)

Alexa's mom even brought over her favorite floor entertainer, but she hardly got to use it, since Mr. Demanding insisted she use our playmat. Thankfully, she really likes it!

I've never had my son be so interested in getting his picture taken as he was today with Alexa around. He basically begged for his picture taken, nearly 1:1 for every shot of her.

"Ka-chowing" with Alexa's Dreft pen (yes, even her diaper bag required inspecting from him).


"Take me picture Mommy, right now!"

This was actually the first picture of the day - little did I know things would get a lot worse at other points. My dear sweet Nicholas took FULL advantage of Alexa's first bottle of the morning and had half the kitchen gadgets in the family room, rummaged through my purse and had nearly all his toys out.
Yeah, our transition to baby brother's arrival shall be interesting. This is just a bit of insight into the upcoming scenario, I'm guessing...but it sure was precious having a baby girl in the house... even if it was for just a day! Thanks for coming Alexa - you were such a good girl...and thank you Jodi for entrusting me with your adorable one!

1 comment:

Kalie and Erica said...

We are still laughing here! Nicholas sure does know how to have fun in every situation. I'll bet you all slept well that night!