Tuesday, May 5, 2009

To Accept or Not Accept.....

We're still unsure how Nicholas will handle the arrival of his baby brother in just 17 days. Last week I introduced a book on bringing home baby and left it in his book basket next to his bed. When I read it two nights in a row, he was glued to the pages and seemed a lot more interested and comprehending of the text than even I was expecting. The next day, I found the book tossed in his closet (the door was closed and only that book was there-- it was obviously a premeditated doing, would ya say?).
~
On the other hand, during our lazy morning today, Nicholas was hanging out and happily looked over at me knitting and said, "Mommy's making a new blue blanket for the baby....good job Mommy!" It was priceless!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh no! Which book was it? He is going to love his brother I promise!