Thursday, September 17, 2009

Special Delivery for the Future Student

A few days before starting nursery school, Nicholas got a postcard from his teacher! I have to admit that I considered not sharing it with him. Ever since we started talking about him going to school he has been obsessed with wanting to ride the school bus. Lucky us, we have 3 buses that pass our house every morning. When he hears one he dashes to the window screaming, "I missed my bus! My bus, my bus Where is my backpack!!!"
Wouldn't you know, this lovely postcard from Mrs. Spink had a big yellow bus on it!
As this picture was taken, I was reiterating to my ever-so-excited son, "At your school all the Mommies will bring the kids...you are too little for the big kid bus... "
Of course, Nicholas is studying this postcard...

Fortunately, in his new favorite book, Curious George's First Day of School, the Man with the Yellow Hat brings George to school (phew!!!)

This is one time I am thankful for George!

No comments: