Thursday, September 17, 2009

Off to Nursery School!

September 15th
The big day has finally come!
Nicholas was obviously excited, since he was awake before 7 (still holding out for a bus). I love the action shot of donning the backpack...


As I'm trying not to get choked up taking my once baby off for his first school experience, his innocence and playful sense of humor ensures me he's going to love school. This is his latest pose - as he yells, "Kachow!!!"




He loves running up the ramp, but this day, he took it a lot more cautious than usual.


He looks so grown up!



Just outside the school, my little guy suddenly transformed into full shyness, begging me "I want to go home."


In the end, Nicholas did wonderful at the "Meet the Teacher" day. He went over to explore the toys on his own while his teacher, Mrs. Spink presented to the parents. He found his cubby and blue crayon coat hook...as well as the teacher's art supplies (including scissors) that seemed to really spark his interest. Once back in the car, he said, "Now we can go get a special treat, like a donut from Dunkin Donuts."

After explaining to him we will not be getting a donut after school everyday (just because we pass a DD) - I couldn't turn down that request!


That afternoon, my playful, happy boy was back - in full gear!



He loves doing blastoffs of his "Space shuttle Discovery tire swing."


We all had a nice afternoon enjoying the sunshine of this gorgeous fall day.



In the morning, I found Nicholas had put the doll in William's exersaucer. After reviewing the Scholastic book order, he apparently thought to share his reading material with her.


No comments: