Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Change for the Better, and One Not So Good

Last night, Nicholas made a huge turn-around toward welcoming his baby brother. As we were talking about him becoming a big brother (of which he has always quickly replied, "no no, Mommy big brother...Daddy big brother...Zoey big brother..." he said, "baby come sleep here" and pointed to his dresser. He actually allowed me to talk about going to the hospital to have the baby (and didn't interrupt me - if you can believe that!). All along so far, he's seemed unaware of my growing belly. This night, he knew exactly where the baby is now and even lifted my shirt to nicely pat the baby. I've yet to bring up the topic since, but it seems as though he's more intune to our future changes than I expected, despite his usual resistance of the topic.
~
On the other hand, we had our first time-out in close to a year, if not longer. Nicholas was playing so nicely with markers and a wipe-off board in the family room when I caught him drawing on the couch. He pulled his adorable little "hi Mommy" with the 'I know I'm doing something wrong, but perhaps my charm can distract you'. After a firm warning he did it again - and took a direct flight to time out. I was impressed with how well he sat in the chair but not surprised he tried to talk to me the entire time. He sure was a sweet boy after those 2 minutes, but unfortunately we now have a black streak on our couch!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh no! Well, the good news is he made it so far with no time outs! He'll be a good big brother no matter what!