Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Planting Seeds

April 28th
It's amazing how significant pictures can bring back memories of the captured moments.  When I initially looked back at these pictures, I immediately recalled that day. I had shared with Nicholas that we were planting our seeds that afternoon when he first got home from school.  A couple rough hours later, no nap from the little tike...and that plan had been deleted in my mind....but not Nicholas'.  He had been looking forward to planting our three packets of tiny seeds ever since we bought them the week before.

The minutes leading up to these pictures involved two crying boys and a mommy questioning her own sanity for even considering bringing a bag of potting soil indoors (knowing we'd be back to tears if we went outside again where the problems initially started).  Seeing how excited the little ones were for the activity, I talked myself into keeping it neat....

As it turned out, the boys thoroughly enjoyed themselves.


William seemed to understand way more than I would have ever expected from a 23-month old.  He was particularly careful scooping the dirt and knew exactly when his container was filled to the top.


A couple loving sprinkles from Nicholas to make our beans grow with love...




Easy does it, William.



Let's just say we planted plenty of  seeds!

Much-needed bathes followed as well as a half hour of an unexpected television time while Mommy cleaned up the HUGE mess.  This situation reminded me that sometimes, children reinvent your day for you.

No comments: