Friday, January 21, 2011

The Joys of Daily Life

Tuesday January 18, 2011

After a long, frustrating hospitalization, you really appreciate the simple joys of being home. 
While William was pushing his doll around the house, a wheel popped off.  Big brother ran to the rescue to repair it.  He set-up an elaborate "lift" system (a dinning room chair).
He kept explaining to me he needed to work "from under the broken problem...that's how it has to be done, you know."
William took notes from a comfortable distance.  Of course, he was happily moved on to something else....ahhh, the attention of a 19-month old.
 
Another minute later, he was giving me his little "hmmmp" asking to color.
William's latest fascination is carrying around the stool to play with the light switches.
I have to give him credit, unlike his big bro, William is excellent at leaving the lights off after his night club act.
 
This first week home has been a whirlwind.  I have to say, Nicholas is very happy to have us home.  I think we played with every toy in the house, talked non-stop (like only Nicholas can do!) and survived on eating fun snacky, junk foods for every meal (ummm, did I mention we've yet to make it to the grocery store).



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicholas seriously needs to stop being so handsome!!! He's too much (and such a smarty-pants, too!)! :) I'm so glad you're all home together; and don't worry about not hitting the grocery store yet - some of my happiest childhood memories were when dad would go out of town and mom didn't want to cook, so we'd have ice cream for dinner... it adds a bit of fun to a really tough time for all of you! :) (Besides, I bet the boys didn't complain much! :))

Ava, Gabriella and Maya said...

Nicholas is such a big boy.. I cant get over how old he looks.. I didnt even recognize him in the first picture.. I hope you get more days that feel like normal.. thinking of you always..