Saturday, December 19, 2009

Urgent...

December 4
~A day I'll never forget ~
The boys and I were having a typical day. We bundled up to walk to Miss Jaime's house to pick up our prints from our family photo shot two weeks prior, we played around the house, William had plenty of cranky moments and refused to sleep all morning, we started decorating the tree in the family room and had a picnic lunch while watching an episode of Special Agent OSO.
A little after 1:00, I had just told Nicholas it was time to head upstairs for naptime when the phone rang. To my surprise, it was Dr. Remillard, the pediatrician. He explained he had just talked to Dr. Shaeffer who had gotten back some of William's labs. His blood proteins were dangerously low and Dr. Remillard wanted to see him in his office. As the doctor was saying this, it didn't occur to me he wanted us there immediately. I started thinking how I'd pull off getting to the office and who would watch Nicholas. Little did I know the doctor wanted us there right away.
Once at the office, William was happy and belly laughing with the antics of his brother and Daddy.



To our surprise, we left the doctor's office to be admitted to Golisano Children's Hospital. We were expecting that an admission will further expedite the process of pin pointing William's food allergies...

No comments: