Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mastering 100

May 15th
Nicholas had an assignment to practice counting to 100. We've been focusing on the 10's, since he still likes to call 20 "twenty zero," 30 "thirty zero"...and so on.

Trying to think of something we had 100 of and could fit on our cut-out, we raided the candy stash.  Sure enough, we found plenty of Smarties and a hefty supply of Easter sprinkles...perfect!
My boy got a good fine motor workout as he counted out 100 pieces of candy on his chart and then placed them on the glue dots.  He's so ingeniously he told me, "I'm just like an automated machine in a factory....I pick up candies with my robotic arm and then the computer inside me tells me to drop them one by one on an empty glue dot."

He was so proud to see his dried finished product the next morning. Here's hoping we'll no longer hear another "sixty zero!"

1 comment:

Marian said...

What a great idea!! Though someday you will miss sixty zero. :)