Monday, March 28, 2011

Mommy-Nicholas time...

It's official....Nicholas has out-grown his naps (sigh).

Its been a progression...and trust me, his body still needs the rest time,
but he just won't  g i v e   i n. 
It can certainly make for a challenging afternoon, but I have to say, bedtime is much easier now....so there's at least a light at the end of the tunnel.

Now that William is pretty consistently napping after lunchtime (although far from a consistent length of nap), this gives Nicholas and I some well-needed quality time together.  It's finally a time I'm not telling him, "Hold on, I need to go change William's diaper....change his pump...give him a med" or all the times I shoo him off because I'm on the phone for something relating to his brother.

This day, we had a high-flying, exciting game of Ants in the Pants.





I just treasure all his facial expressions...
The look of concentration...
 
Mr. Curosity

The Attentionist
 

The Strategist


 ~ full cuteness ~

the look of defeat (by an ant)



~ the celebration of success ~
 

Trust me, we need this time together...its the best thing we do for each other every day.

1 comment:

Marian said...

I'm glad you and Nicholas are getting some much needed quality time together. <3 The pictures are wonderful!!