Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day 2010

Yes, you are reading the title correctly...Valentine's Day 2010. 
Truthfully, Valentine's Day has never been a particularly favorite holiday of mine (that is before having kids and taking on the challenge of serving heart-shaped foods for an entire day!).  Last Valentine's Day, we were days shy of William's resection surgery.  Looking back, I knew I was scared beyond belief, there was so much on the table... especially since the team at Sloan was concerned with cancer involvement in William's liver.

Out of a last-minute fear of the worst, I asked a neighbor, Jaime Hill (who has uniquely become a friend through this experience), if she could take a few pictures of William before his surgery.  She had done an amazing newborn shoot of William when he was 10 days old and family pictures in November, which turned out to be just a couple weeks prior to his diagnosis.

 As it turned out, Valentine's Day was the day that just happened to work for her.  She also recruited a friend of her's, Raine Dufrane to come and capture William. 

These photos, the meaning they hold to us and the thoughtfulness and generosity of these two talented women remain incredibly close to my heart a year later.

~ William, nearly 9 months old ~

photos by Jaime Hill


His hair was just starting to grow back after chemo.


 



Jaime graciously gave us a beautifully framed print of this photo.  Its hung in our entryway ever since.

~ photos by Raine Dufrane ~
Nicholas ~ 3 years 3 months

~ my most treasured ~

2 comments:

Lexi said...

I **LOVE** the holding hands one. Incredible shot, amazing quote... I may have to replicate it, hopefully under less stressful situations, one day! :)

I love all of the pictures, and agree that your precious one truly is precious... I have to admit, the collage of Nicholas and William is probably one of my favorite - it captures their personalities and their unconditional love for one another.

You're all in my heart, and know that your story is inspiring. Much love to you all.

Raineydayz Photography said...

awwww, you are so welcome. I was happy to be there. Your little guy is in my constant prayers.