Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our Little Trooper!

Today will hopefully be Nicholas' beginning of a whole new world - one filled with clear, well-feeling ears. It was an early morning for us, since we had to be at the surgery center by 6:30.
Once in his gown, it was all playtime as we waited for the doctor to arrive. Would you believe we were playing in a cozy coupe before 7am!
"Mommy, Daddy, I don't know why I'm here in this silly dress, but I'm rather suspicious. Good thing I have an escape plan."
"Beep Beep! Move the gurneys - I'm coming through!"
"Hmmm, I'm feeling a bit of a breeze."
Our wait for the surgeon turned out to be really long - but Nicholas' cuddliness made it all worthwhile. You could tell he really knew he was there for something big.
Ahh, finally re-united!
All Nicholas' caring staff were super impressed with how well he handled the procedure. He was a real trooper - and a hungry one, since he couldn't eat or drink anything since the previous night at 6pm!
Oh, my cuddle bug!
Thanks everyone for your thoughts, prayers and phone calls. We appreciate all the loving support of our family & friends!

Check out this clip of the procedure - its neat.

3 comments:

Aunt Anne said...

AWWWWWWWWW look at my precious nephew. I hope the operation works. I wish I could have been there with you. You look so cuddly in Mommy's arms. Hope you liked the puppy pics, xoxoxoxoxo,Aunt Anne

Ava, Gabriella and Maya said...

Awwww I hope you feel better soon little man... What a trooper..

Amy said...

Owww, Mr Nicholas you are one brave little boy! One day of pain will make up for fewer pesky ear infections (hopefully). WHAT CUTE shots of him in his little gown. Now that is adorable!